Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like


Christmas!!!!
I have to admit that I am very excited! Yesterday we picked up a cute little tree on our way home from Thanksgiving festivities. The girls (yes, all of us girls) were so excited - and it was hard to wait the whole night while the tree quenched it's thirst and we allowed the boughs to 'fall' for 'proper' ornament and decor placement. Ha! We are still at a stage in life where the is a kids tree, and the adult tree (okay, really a mommy tree) co-exist - indeed they are one and the same. Today, I love it. I love that the girls can move things around and admire 'treasures' from my own childhood - that I am sure my own mother was happy to get rid of in order to make room for 'her' tree of fancy -
and me not be standing over them telling them to not touch this or that OR going behind them and putting each ornament back in place.
I do look forward to one day decorating a tree with the trimmings and whimsy that suit my fancy. And having a second tree that still allows the children/grandchildren to adore the ornaments as only children can.
For now, this is our masterpiece.....
Looks a little cozier in the dark:
This is putting me in the mood for a blanket over my shoulders and a cup of hot cocoa. mmmmm..... yummy Now I can sit back, enjoy the soft Christmas Tree glow, and reminisce.

No comments: